A NEW HISTORY OF BLUE BEARD, Written by Gaffer Black Beard, For the Amusement of Little Black Beard and His Pretty Sisters. Adorned with cuts.
Philadelphia: Printed by John Adams, 1804. 32 pages, including pastedown wrappers. Illustrated with a wood-engraved frontispiece and 6 small woodcuts. Original plain blue wrappers. 10.3 x 6.6 cm. First Adams edition. Splitting at spine, but firm, and a little worn at corners; else a very good copy. Some of the woodblocks would appear to recycled, as that representing Blue Beard's castle is a biblical cut of the Tower of Babel.
Book ID: 11382
Print this page Price: £800.00