THE HISTORY AND DESCRIPTION OF ST. GEORGE'S CHURCH AT DONCASTER, destroyed by fire February 28, 1853.
London.J. B. Nichols and Sons. 1855. viii, 144, xci[xcii]pp. Fifteen plates, mostly tinted lithographs, and many wood-cut illustrations in within the text. 'Corrigenda' present. Original cloth-backed printed wrappers. Folio. First edition. One of 250 copies printed. Covers soiled; spine torn at head & heel, but easily repairable; old auction label with lot number stuck to upper wrap; Frontispiece loose and with wear to edges and some very short marginal tears; unopened in places; tear at head of 'contents' where someone has tried to open the page without cutting the joined leaves; lower wrapper has a small piece missing; otherwise a very good copy that could be easily restored.
Book ID: 3196
Print this page Price: £150.00